Once the summer holidays are over and the children are back at school, we can resume our usual routines. With the party season coming up, if you want to look and feel your best, now is the time to start taking good care of your skin. Whether you wear a lot of makeup every day or not, these tips will help you look radiant and to get the most from the products you use.
• Drink plenty of water to hydrate the skin and flush out impurities. Why not start the day with a cup of hot water and slice of lemon?
• Hot weather and excessive sun exposure can dehydrate the skin and cause premature aging so practise good skincare routine every day. No matter how tempting it is to go to bed with last night’s make up on, don’t. Remove your make up, then cleanse, tone and moisturise, every morning and at night. Exfoliate once a week to remove the dead skin cells, and book in for a monthly facial.
• Our skin is the largest organ of the body, and it needs cleansing and moisturising too. Use a good body exfoliator to help remove dead skin cells, together with any remnants of spray tanning products.
• Make your own body exfoliator from pink Himalayan salt mixed with a carrier oil like grape seed, sesame or almond oil. Alternatively, try dry body brushing or use a loufah to stimulate the skin.
• Moisturise well after showering and don’t forget feet – remove hard skin by using an exfoliator and a pumice stone or foot file, and moisturise well afterwards. Treat yourself to a luxury pedicure!
• To nourish your skin, eat a healthy diet with anti-oxidant rich foods like blueberries, healthy fats such as avocados and salmon, and fresh leafy greens for vitamins and minerals. If possible, opt for natural, organic whole foods, and include nuts and seeds every day – chia and pumpkin seeds are great sources of protein, and will make your skin look good.
• A monthly massage helps stimulate the lymphatic system, removes impurities and promotes skin regeneration.
Best of all, it will help you relax and de-stress. Indian Head Massage is credited with easing headaches and sinus problems too.
• When changing over from your summer makeup to the Christmas party season, update your foundation first – match the colour to your skin so you don’t look too orange! Try using a primer as this provides a good base for your makeup. A little translucent or mineral powder will set your foundation before you apply your blusher.
• The skin around your eyes is delicate, and prone to puffiness and dark circles. Always use products specifically designed for the eye area, and to avoid creating more lines, don’t pull or stretch the skin.
• Get creative! There are some great makeup tutorials on YouTube but if you struggle with applying makeup or want to try something new, why not get a few friends together and come in for a Makeover Master Class at Bella Goode’s Beauty School Hereford? You will pick up some beauty tips and learn to create the look you desire. Bring along your makeup bag, and I will help you update it and choose the right colours for your skin type.
Bella Goode Beauty Therapy and Training
GET 20% OFF our selected therapies, including the new collagen facial, full body massage, Indian Head Massage, luxury pedicure or manicure, Express Lashes, MyBrow 7 step brow treatment and Crazy Angel Spray Tan to keep your summer glow.
For more information and to book an appointment, please contact
Goode Beauty Therapy & Training
4 Kentchurch Close, Hereford HR1 1QS. Tel: 07807 064 916 – Bella Goode